The National Patient Advocate Foundation has unpaid internship positions available in Washington DC. Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to PETERSON.NJAMUNGE@NPAF.ORG.
The internship provides an opportunity to get involved in a variety of tasks including:
- Program administrative support
- Data collection and entry
- General database administration
- Volunteer correspondence and incentive system
- Surveys and research
- Support digital advocacy efforts
- Webinars and teleconferences
- Volunteer engagement tracking and recording
- Development of volunteer materials
- Other tasks as assigned
This is an unpaid position that provides a valuable opportunity to get involved – and to understand the important role that patient advocacy plays – in the American healthcare system. Undergraduate applicants based in or around Washington DC with a background or interest in public health/healthcare advocacy preferred.
We are always interested in working with people who are passionate about patient access to quality, affordable health care, and encourage all interested people to consider becoming a volunteer.
Also, view career opportunities at our sister organization, Patient Advocate Foundation, here.