Join Our Campaign!
The Caregivers Count campaign honors the diverse experiences of caregivers and empowers them to recognize themselves as an essential part of our health care system. Because many people don’t recognize themselves as “caregivers,” they overlook essential support services that may ease their caregiver experience.
Many people step up to help a loved one who is sick because they believe that is what is expected of them as a family member or friend. However, being a caregiver and assuming that role is so much more than kinship or spending time together; it involves taking on many unplanned or extra actions to support someone who is sick and maintain their quality of life and well-being.
Download our campaign toolkit.
Our toolkit breaks down the specific actions you can take to bring awareness to the caregiver experience and offers sample posts and templates so you can share our resources via email or social media.
Sign-up for our campaign digest.
Each week in June, we will share the latest campaign happenings and update you on the impact you’re making throughout the month. You will also receive priority invitations to our latest campaign meetings and webinars.
Participate in our week of action, Monday, June 14 – Friday, June 18
- Monday, June 14: Email our Can We Talk About Caregiving? resource to three caregivers or organizations. Download our toolkit for an email template.
- Tuesday, June 15: Participate in our #CaregiversCount webinar. Sign up for our campaign digest to receive the registration information.
- Wednesday, June 16: Share a video about what this campaign means to you using Boast.io. You can honor a caregiver in your community or talk about your own experience as a caregiver. Download our toolkit to read more about how to use Boast.
- Thursday, June 17: Join our Thursday Twitter chat on caregiving at 3 pm ET | 12 pm PT. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @npaf_tweets, and use the hashtag “#CaregiversCountChat”
- Friday, June 18: Recognize a caregiver on social media (you can even recognize yourself!) with a photo using the hashtag #CaregiversCount.
Our Caregiving Resources
Can We Talk about Caregiving? | Download
NPAF’s caregiver resource offers guidance on how to self-identify as a caregiver, anticipate costs associated with caregiving and help you navigate which resources and groups can help you—or a caregiver you know—get the support you/ they need.
Caregiving Policy Explainer | Download
Learn more about the policy proposals NPAF supports and how needs navigation services can be a lifeline for caregivers.
NPAF’s grassroots campaigns are a core part of our Patient Action League (PAL) program made possible by generous support from the following sponsors: Bristol Myers Squibb, GRAIL, Johnson & Johnson and Takeda Oncology.